Marketing & Communications Intern
Greater Peoria Economic Development Council
Wage & Hours:
About Greater Peoria Economic Development Council:
The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council drives economic growth in Greater Peoria through targeted business and talent development and attraction.
About the Position:
The Greater Peoria EDC is looking for a communications intern looking to gain experience with social media management, content creation, graphic design and website development while working with a knowledgeable, fun, and energetic team! The communications intern will help share all the great community and economic development activity in Greater Peoria. This is a great position for any student with an interest in digital marketing, public relations, advertising, or other relevant fields.
The communications intern is responsible for regularly posting to the GPEDC social media accounts regarding program activity and sharing events, announcements, and other information from our regional partners. The intern will also help update and maintain the GPEDC websites using WordPress and post blogs written by GPEDC staff. The communications intern will also be tasked with basic graphic design responsibilities to assist in updating marketing materials.
- Gathering social media content from various staff members and scheduling relevant social media posts
- Developing Weekly Content Calendar for social media
- Light design and editing duties to prepare content for sharing
- Posting stories on GPEDC websites using WordPress and editing to meet basic SEO standards
- Assist Communications Manager with collecting social media and website analytics for monthly reports
- Assist with Communications Manager in collecting content for monthly Newsletters
- Experience using multiple social media platforms and social media automation tools such as Hootsuite
- Familiarity with posting blogs using WordPress or a similar website development tool
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff to gather content
- Familiarity with digital marketing metrics and analytics tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience using Microsoft office programs (or similar)
- Basic Design Skills and experience with tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Creative problem solving & critical thinking
- Task-oriented, self-motivated and ability to take initiative
- Time Management skills
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, resume and any relevant work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a paid internship. All applicants must be current college students. Illinois residents preferred.