The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council is searching for a skilled Rural Economic Development Director to support the economic development needs of the rural communities in Peoria, Tazewell, Woodford, Mason, and Logan Counties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Helping rural communities develop a structure and plan to implement economic development activities.
- Linking rural communities with critical information and resources to help them implement their economic development goals.
- Helping rural community leadership understand the value and benefit of economic development efforts.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited four-year college or university.
- Proven track record in the field of Economic Development, Community Development, Planning, or a related field.
- Knowledge of economic development techniques and methods, as well as the ability to manage and maintain complex and dynamic business/political relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and organize relevant data, while adhering to multiple timelines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, as well as organize and host regular meetings with various stakeholder groups including business, labor organizations, regional municipalities/counties, and economic development partners.
- Superb oral and written skills to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex information.
- Proficiency in writing reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in a customized format and respond to questions from groups of clients, investors, media, and the general public both orally and in writing.
REASONING ABILITY AND ANALYTICS
- Capable of recognizing, defining, and solving problems.
- Aptitude for collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Synchronist Database software and Constant Contact.
- Knowledge of leading website and social media platforms and ability to effectively utilize them.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$40,000 – $50,000 per year based on experience. A contractual relationship and/or part-time work hours will be entertained for this position.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org