We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Director of Workforce Solutions. Please find the details below:
The Director of Workforce Solutions brings together community leaders, local business leaders, educational leaders, and media to execute a regional model of developing, recruiting, and retaining a skilled workforce in Greater Peoria.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Connect Resources and Develop Strategies
- Co-chair the Emerging Workforce Strategy Team, a committee of the Regional Workforce
Alliance, partnering with all stakeholders to develop and implement K-12 career development strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with fellow staff members along with existing business leaders to identify and assist in anticipating and troubleshooting workforce-related issues.
- Work with fellow GPEDC colleagues to understand and communicate workforce-related data to guide strategic development and implementation
- In cooperation with the CEO, develop and monitor an annual budget for Workforce Solutions.
- Attend appropriate workforce development related meetings, conferences and training sessions.
Coordinate Efforts to Align Existing Talent to Meet the Current and Future Workforce Needs of Local Employers
- Collaborate with local K-12’s to support the talent development strategies for middle and high school career development.
- Lead the development and implementation of middle and high school career expos like
CareerSpark, Discover Manufacturing Careers Expo and You’re Hired expos, as a part of Greater
- Support the ongoing development and implementation of the Greater Peoria Essential Abilities and Knowledge (GPEAK) program in collaboration with ICC, local employers, and community-based organizations.
- Support development and articulation of Earn & Learn programs in collaboration with local K-12’s Illinois Central College, and local employers.
Coordinate Efforts to Recruit Needed Talent to Greater Peoria
- Support talent attraction partnership campaigns to attract talent to Greater Peoria from outside the area to fill critical skill shortages.
- Support strategies such as Intern Mixers and Welcome Mixers to support talent attraction efforts
- Lead Talent Connection initiative, connecting career seekers and relocating talent to regional HR recruiters.
- Create and implement a plan to identify and promote factors that make Greater Peoria an attractive place to live and address any deficiencies.
Perform other such duties and functions as are necessary to the proper performance of this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from an appropriately accredited four-year college or university and several (3-5) years related experience and / or training in a workforce-related field such as Human Resources, Economic Development, Education, Management, Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have working knowledge of communication techniques and methods, as well as the ability to manage and maintain complex and dynamic business / political relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and organize relevant data, while adhering to multiple timelines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, as well as organize and host regular meetings with various stakeholder groups to include business, K-12 education, higher education, human resource professionals, labor organizations, young professional groups, regional municipalities / counties, local media, and economic development partners.
- Superb oral and written skills to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex information. Proficiency in writing reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in a customized format and respond to questions from groups of clients, investors, media, and the general public both orally and in writing.
- Capable of recognizing, defining, and solving problems. Aptitude for collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.) and/or Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of automated email marketing softwares, leading website and social media platforms, and ability to effectively utilize them is a plus but not required
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references (at least two professional references) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position is open until filled. The position is open immediately and GPEDC is seeking to fill this important part of its team with a dynamic, qualified individual as soon as possible.
Greater Peoria EDC is an equal opportunity employer.