We are currently seeking candidates to fill the role of Director of Rural Outreach & Development. Please find the details below:
The Director of Rural Outreach & Development leads the organization’s outreach efforts to the region’s rural and small communities to connect them to community and economic development resources and programs at the GPEDC and other regional, state and federal partners; serves as lead for community and economic development projects outside the region’s urbanized areas that involve the GPEDC as a partner; and leads efforts to establish stronger local/regional supply chains in the agriculture and food industries.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and build existing relationships with rural and small communities and economic development leaders throughout the region to increase engagement in regional CEDS initiatives.
- Connect rural and small communities with appropriate GPEDC staff, data tools, programs, strategy teams, working groups and opportunities to support their development projects.
- Connect small and rural community leaders with local, state, and federal rural development partners.
- Organize opportunities for collaboration, information sharing, and professional development for small and rural community partners and businesses
- Provide basic community and economic data and analysis for small and rural investor communities lacking local economic development staff.
- Represent GPEDC in regional collaborations and initiatives related to agriculture industry and food systems development
- Actively advance local/regional supply chain development for agriculture and food businesses by facilitating business-to-business relationships amongst industry stakeholders
- Track and report community engagement and development activities to GPEDC board
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
- Prior experience in the field of economic development, community development, or a field related to stated responsibilities
- Knowledge of economic development techniques and methods, as well as the ability to manage and maintain complex and dynamic business and political relationships.
- Familiarity with small and rural community economic development techniques.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of responsibilities.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, as well as organize and host regular meetings with various stakeholder groups and economic development partners.
- Superb oral and written skills to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex information.
- Proficiency in writing reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in a customized format and respond to questions from groups of clients, investors, media, and the general public both orally and in writing.
- Capable of recognizing, defining, and solving problems.
- Taking initiative to drive successful programmatic outcomes.
- Aptitude for collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of relevant communication, marketing, and data tools.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three references (at least two professional references) to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and the position is open until filled. The position is open immediately and GPEDC is seeking to fill this important part of its team with a dynamic, qualified individual as soon as possible.
Greater Peoria EDC is an equal opportunity employer.