The Greater Peoria Economic Development Council is searching for a Director of Marketing. This person will be responsible for planning, developing, and implementing marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both internally and externally, for the Greater Peoria Economic Development Council.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update, promote, and measure the success of 5 websites and 3 social media accounts
- Develop marketing strategies and design materials for GPEDC events and projects.
- Develop marketing strategies and design materials to promote the GPEDC to external audiences.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job successfully.
- Bachelor’s degree from an appropriately accredited four-year college or university
- A proven track record in Graphic Design, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations, or a related field.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, and other tools used for graphic design
- Knowledge of social media platforms and marketing techniques and methods
- Proficiency in WordPress
- Professional nature
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, supportive relationships
- Superb written skills to communicate information and ideas.
- Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships among team members, as well as members of the community
- Ability to effectively present information in a customized format and respond to questions from groups of clients, investors, media, and the general public both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and organize relevant data, while adhering to multiple timelines.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, as well as organize and host regular meetings with various stakeholder groups to include media and economic development partners.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
$50,000 per year, benefit stipend, and retirement match.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Melissa at email@example.com