- This event has passed.
Export Opportunities in Canada
October 5, 201511:30 am - 6:30 pm$10 – $25
Canada is the top export market for the U.S., Illinois, and Peoria! Too often we fail to recognize the potential opportunity right next door, overlooking our strongest trading partner.
Did you know?
- The U.S. exports over $20 billion to Canada, almost triple what we exported to Mexico, our second largest export market.
- Total Canada-Illinois goods trade in 2014: $67.1 billion.
- 344,300 jobs in Illinois depend on Canada – U.S. trade and investment.
- Canada is Peoria’s top export market with approximately $1.1 billion in exports in 2012 and 2013.
- An update on Canada’s business climate and a forecast of the latest opportunities.
- An introduction to the agencies that are there to help you succeed in Canada.
- Information on current programs offering funding and resource assistance.
- Tips and insights from experts from both sides of the border.
- Meet our Sister Center partners, as we develop a fast-track for trade with Canada.
Registration/ Lunch: 11:30 – 12:00 p.m.
Panel/ Workshop: 12:00 – 4:45
In addition, please join us for:
Peoria Area World Affairs Council Reception
Peplow Pavilion, Hayden-Clark Alumni Center
Reception & Networking with Canadian Delegation: 5:00 – 5:30 p.m.
Speaker Chris Gunning, Winnipeg Consul, U.S. Department of State & Q /A: 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Workshop only (includes lunch), $20
PAWAC reception, $10
Registration for both events, $25
Registration deadline is noon, September 24, 2015