Goal 1: Act Regional
Implement a regional asset based S.M.A.R.T. Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS), which expands public, private and non-profit collaboration with a common strategic vision. The region will achieve a good to excellent rating for best practices in regional CEDS and collaboration by the end of 2019.
Strengthen and expand regional collaboration by creating and beginning to implement a regional best practice, performance metric asset-based S.M.A.R.T. CEDS with integrated county strategies that is annually updated.
- Assist county strategy teams with the development, updating, and implementation of economic development strategies for Logan, Mason, Peoria, Tazewell and Woodford counties integrated with Focus Forward GP (CEDS).
- Continue and enhance performance metric-based prioritization process for selection and support of projects included in and connected to accomplishing Focus Forward GP goals.
Build the capacity of local and regional leaders to collectively and collaboratively lead and manage regional economic development strategies and goals.
- Develop an economic development education program that will build the capacity of regional leaders to collaboratively guide, manage and lead the regional economy.
- Map and share accessible data services and resources with local community economic and workforce development entities and their clients.
Expand regional economic development volunteers and raise appropriate funding to sustain the implementation of Focus Forward GP (CEDS).
- Develop and launch a communications strategy to promote Focus Forward GP (CEDS) regionally.
- Share quarterly briefings on the progress of regional economic development efforts with all stakeholders in collaboration with economic development partners.
- Establish and share performance metrics to communicate the effectiveness of regional economic development initiatives.
- Establish an annual regional event to share and celebrate accomplishments.